Taxpayer Dollars for Corporate Welfare

Taxpayer Dollars for Corporate Welfare

While people are being thrown out of their homes for being irresponsible with their finances, multi-billion dollar companies are getting bailed out… for being irresponsible with their finances. I may write more on this later but I wanted to get the cartoon up right away and it’s rather late.

Please post your thoughts on the subject in the comments!

1. J'raxis says:

I didn’t know the bastards ever actually sleep…

2. Landon Jeffery says:

I wholeheartedly agree with this strip. The government is looking after companies that are failing and inevitably they are creating an economy full of companies that are not looking out for the best interest of the common folk.

3. BWF89 says:

Ha, 4:20.

4. nexalacer says:

Hah, Anarchy strikes again!

Good one!

5. Taxinator says:

I like the reporter babe! Isn’t that Annie Rand from the LBC (Liberty Broadcasting Company)? Wouldn’t it be great if she were chosen to replace the outgoing Katie Couric?

I don’t know who that is. I totally made up the reporter “babe”. :)

7. Eli says:

Hmm… I kinda don’t like how the anarchist bogey man caused the pissing away of millions. The sybolism here seems broken to me. Funny though. Way funny.

8. Aaron Kinney says:

The government is realllllly good at giving money to entities that cant take care of themselves, therefore ensuring that said entities will never become self-sufficient, and through a circular logic, giving the government a reason to (attempt to) justify itself.

9. David Krouse says:

Eli, I think the boogy man represents the fear of anarchy, not anarchy itself. The fear of anarchy causes people to accept the corruption and cronyism Inherent in gov’t.
    The symbolism is amazing Dale. Great job. :)

“Eli, I think the boogy man represents the fear of anarchy, not anarchy itself.”

Bingo! Also, I wasn’t analyzing it that much. The Anarchy Boogie-man was the convenient character I could think of who hangs out with the Iron Fist of the State in recent comics. *shrug*

11. jimmy says:

great points dale. however, isn’t the government also offering some sort of assistance to people that are in danger of getting foreclosed on? so in essence, it’s helping irresponsible citizens out as well, which is just an extension of the welfare system i suppose… anyway, i laughed. thanks.

12. Vitruvian says:

Well done, Dale. Your drawing just keeps getting better and better.

13. Sweet says:

This is so sweet because I just saw the related South Park show recently, Asspen.

That’s a fine couch you have there.

15. Allan says:

I think the proposals are to help ‘certain groups’ in ‘need of assistance.’ Latest I heard was that they’ll allow lenders to restructure their loans. So, some people who have ARMs may end up with better long term rates than the more conservative folks with 30 year fixed from the start. Yeah, help the irresponsible–businesses or people. Good policy. Not.

16. Ofer Nave says:

Damn. I was going to say what jraxis said. :)

17. Lauren says:

With the possible exception of Blade’s lawyer,
    http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2008/02/02/irs-versus-blade/ the anarchy boogieman is the most expressive character so far. People are starting to be sympathetic with him. The poor guy works for the govt. gets no coffee breaks, and likes to play barbie.

On a technical note, the proper spelling of the noise you make when you bite your knuckles in glee is shnekeek.

I like the color of the water now. :)

19. Fred Derf says:

I really needed this cartoon! It caused me a hardy laugh out loud.

Thanks, for the relief.

It is sickening how government is pissing away our livelihoods and our nations future. Bear Sterns troubles could have been worked out privately had there not been a treasury pissing pot to go take a dip in. All of that tax payer money gone to no good, or worse, the pretense of good — bloody altruists.

20. Just one problem with the symbolism, the State is generally wide awake when it pisses away our money.

Powered by sweet Captcha